I am sharing today a delightful quinoa tabbouleh salad which is simply delicious, refreshing and easy to make.
I make this when I am in a hurry, because you can simply leave the ingredients chopped in your fridge and mix it whenever you want to eat.
It has a citrus taste from the lemon, which I love, but you can also taste all the other ingredients combined.
In shorter words, I don’t know how to explain the taste exactly, but I love it and I hope you will too.
So, let’s check our tabbouleh recipe below.
Quinoa tabbouleh salad
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber cut in cubes
- 3 large tomatoes. finely chopped
- 80 g of flat parsley about 1 bunch, finely chopped
- 2 lemons juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
step: Cook the quinoa
- Combine 1 cup of rinsed red/white quinoa with 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with the saucepan lid and simmer until the quinoa is soft, it takes about 15 minutes. Set aside until it is cool.
- You can make a big portion and leave the quinoa ready for a few salads.
step: Preparing the salad
- Rinse all veggies. Finely chop the cucumber with skin, the tomatoes (clean the seeds), parsley and place into a separate bowl.
- Juice the lemons and pour it over the chopped ingredientes. Add olive oil and mix well.
- Place the mixture over the cool quinoa, mix well and it ready to serve.
- Notes: Serve in room temperature. You can serve it chilled, but room temperatures tastes better.
If you make this salad, don’t forget to tag and follow me on Instagram @MyHeartyCorner. 😉
See you around!