Two years ago I went to India for the first time and I really enjoyed it. The food was amazing and the places I went as well. It was my first time in Asia and everything was completely new including the spicy food.
I went in indian restaurant in UK before, but none has offered such spicy food as India do, even the mild was spicy for me, but I loved to try that level of spicy.
So one of my favourite Indian dish is the chicken curry, and I am sharing my home-style Indian dish which it is easy to make and it has just the right amount of spices.
Chicken curry recipe
My favourite chicken curry recipe
- 4 diced chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- a small pot of plain yogurt
- 200 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl place the thighs cut into cubes, pour in the cornstarch and mix well.
- In a pan put the olive oil and add the chicken covered with corn starch to sauté, add the garlic, pepper, turmeric and the curry powder.
- Add 200 ml of water and salt to taste, stir well.
- Cover with a pan lid and cook in a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye until sauce thickens, than add the yogurt and turn off the heat.
- Stir well and it is ready to serve.
If you decide to give it a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. 😉